ArtShoot - Mysore
Packed with innumerable heritage sites and monuments the Heritage City of Mysore plays host to our second edition of ArtShoot. Participants seeking out for visual stories will be rewarded with a plethora of great culture, architecture, candid & landscape photo opportunities apart from a memorable experience in creating a unique photographic and artistic portfolio of this rich land.
You will be housed in a quiet Farmhouse on the outskirts of Mysore during the duration of the workshop. "The Solitude Farmhouse" is nestled in a coconut grove on the banks of a Canal running from the Kaveri river. A spacious swimming pool and an out-door barbecue also help you nurture your creative brain cells. There is also a wide open space to exercise those painting brushes after you are back from your Shoots. Sumptuously healthy food locally sourced from the grove help the cause of creative awakening by letting the taste buds add fuel to your creative urge.
On this mission you would be "shooting to paint". The first half of the workshop will be photographic in nature where you visit Mysore and it's nearby photographic hotspots to spot and click some memorable sights. Once you are back from your shoot you get to sit beside the barbecue and review your images under the guidance of your mentors to identify the one special image you would paint. In the second half of the workshop (post lunch on the second day) you start twirling your brushes and exercising your imagination to bring your chosen image to life on canvas. Your mentors will guide and help you all along in composing, visualising and finally realising a vision that's bound to stand as a testament to your weekend of creative endeavour. Once the workshop winds up you are left with the refreshing memories of a unique "ART" getaway and a fresh painted art work that you can proudly display on your walls. If that's not enough, select images and paintings will be showcased on our ImageIn App as an exhibit which is available for free on smartTVs and mobiles. You can read more about ImageIn exhibits here. Your photography & art exhibit will run for 3 weeks on ImageIn and as a part of this sales oriented exhibit each participant will have the ability to enlist their images for sale on ArtBuRt.com. You can invite unlimited people to view your photography exhibit and If lucky even score a sale of your physical fineart images through the exhibit. ArtBuRt would print and deliver your image to the customer and you would earn a handsome 60% of the sales value. So this is a workshop that not only teaches and gives, but one which also has the potential to pay you back!
What you get
1) 1x1 Personal guidance in photography and painting from our two in-house mentors
2) One unframed Acrylic on Canvas painting that you bring to life
3) All Art supplies to enable your creation
4) Three week Exhibit of selected images and art on ImageIn and listing on ArtBuRt for sale that is valid forever
5) Two night stay in Solitude Farmhouse on TWIN SHARING BASIS (Please note: If you are a couple and wish to stay together then please let us know in advance and avail Rs 1,000 discount on the overall cost for 2 participants)
6) Veg/Non Veg Food - 2 Lunch, 2 Dinners and 2 Breakfasts included per participant. Anything beyond this can be accommodated but at an extra cost
What's Not Included
1) Travel to and from Mysore. In light of the current Covid protocols we recommend you travel on your own in your personal transport
Sriharsha Ganjam is the founder of ArtBuRt and a fineART photographer for 15 + years. He has been actively selling his creations as works of art for the last 6 years. Over the course of this time he has sold more than 40 images. He has also guided and helped multiple photographers sell their fineart images for the first time through ArtBuRt. He knows how to seek out artistic visuals that seem to transform the mundane into exotic. Seeing the unseen and showing the un-shown is what he excels in.
1) I think workshop structure was good and we did lot of adhoc photowalks as well that worked in our favour.
2) Food and accomodation could have been better. I think the farm stay as such was good. Irshad did try his best in terms of food etc. However i think place lacked bit on hygiene. Water problems, linens not sure if they were washed for us.
3) I had a very good session on photography and it served my purpose of coming there. I wanted to learn how the instructors composed a picture and that made me see a frame in different possibilities.
5) I also liked the editing session that was immensely helpful for me.Â
6) Painting session was unbelievable. I liked how everyone guided my daughter to complete the whole painting. I also enjoyed when we all got into it and did some bits of it. I think it has stayed with me and i may now turn to panting during stressful hours.
7) Overall i felt instructors were there for their genuine interest in helping us develop photography skills and painting at the same time. I really feel privileged to have joined this session with both Sriharsha and Naveen.
HEARTFELT THANK YOU
Thanks for the kind feedback Animesh. Glad you found it helpful. We shall better the accommodation for our upcoming ArtShoot.