This is a wildlife photography workshop for young explores in the age group of 8yrs - 16yrs, who are taking their first steps in the fascinating world of photography. Learn the technical basics of camera operation and understand concepts of nature photography. This camp is hosted by Fineart Nature Photographer Sriharsha Ganjam.
PS NOTE: This is a limited size tour with openings with space only for 5 wild explorers in each batch. We want to ensure all our participants get the needed guidance at the right place & at the right time. Parents are also welcome to walk along with us during the workshop watching how their kids respond and learn interesting facts about photography & wildlife (entry tickets for parents are not covered in the price & have to be purchased separately at the counter).
ArtShoot 4 Kids wildlife photo camp includes:
1) A 4 hour guided session on basic concepts of wildlife & nature photography inside Bannerghatta National park
2) Theory sessions on photography & camera operation plus image review & feedback
3) A photo walk visiting the various Animal enclosures and entry to the Butterfly park inside Bannerghatta zoo to learn photography & also learn some cool facts about wildlife
4) One Wildlife safari to hone the camera & photography skills learnt during the photo walk
5) Two week digital exhibit on ImageIn of select images from the workshop that can be shared with family & friends
6) A packed snack box for the young explorers to devour during the workshop and to prevent devouring their mentor Sriharsha!
7) One certificate of completion for all the participants
Irrespective of the workshop date you choose, the plan for the programme stays same and would look something like indicated below.
9:45 AM :- Assembly and meet-up in front of the ticket counter
10:00 AM :- Entry inside Bannerghatta Zoo
10:00 - 12:00 :- Photo walk inside the zoo visiting various animal enclosures and learning the basics of wildlife photography
12:00 - 12:30 :- Snack Break and image review to get ready for Wildlife Safari
12:30 - 13:30 :- Wildlife Safari
13:30 - 14:00 :- Image review and certificate distribution
14:00 - A big ROAR and disperse
Camera requirements for the photo camp:
Participants are expected to carry a digital SLR camera (for best results). If you don't have a SLR camera a standard digital or mobile phone camera with a good resolution will also do. We also have provision to rent DSLR cameras and lens for the photo camp at a nominal cost. Please expect an additional cost of around Rs 1,000 for renting an entry level Canon or Nikon SLR camera with a 200mm zoom lens. Please do let us know if you are interested so we can let you know the exact cost based on the equipment chosen.
Topics covered in ArtShoot 4 Kids wildlife photo workshop:
This action packed workshop ensures all the explorers are engaged either learning the concepts of photography or applying the skills learnt on the field. The topics are chosen so as to equip the participants right from the word go and by the time they finish the day they are equipped to make the best use of their existing Camera & Lens for nature & wildlife photography
1) Basics of Photography and the Exposure Triangle
2) On field Camera settings & operation customised for each participant based on their camera model & make
3) Composition & rule of thirds
What ArtShoot Bannerghatta does not include:
1) Parent's entry & safari charges incase they choose to accompany their little explorer during the workshop
2) Transport to and from Bannerghatta National Park
3) Any extra food, beverages
4) Camera and lens rental costs if needed
What to bring apart from a Camera & a bucket load of energy:
1) A cap
2) A Water bottle
3) A note book
Your WILD mentor:
Sriharsha Ganjam has been a nature & wildlife photographer for more than a decade. Although he is now pursuing other genres of photography now, nature still remains his primary passion. Sriharsha has also photographed for the Karnataka Forest Department on multiple assignments including a recent wildlife documentary that has won much acclaim.