ArtShoot - Bannerghatta 4 Kids a wildlife photography camp (Dec 25 - Dec 26)
This is a wildlife photography camp for young explores who are taking their first steps in the fascinating world of photography. Learn the technical basics of camera operation and understand concepts of nature photography. This camp is hosted by Fineart Nature Photographer Sriharsha Ganjam & 10 year old NHM Young Grand Title Wildlife photographer of 2021 Vidyun R Hebbar.
PS NOTE: This is a limited size tour with openings only for 4 young explorers. We want to ensure all our participants get all the needed guidance at the right place & at the right time.
ArtShoot 4 Bannerghatta wildlife photo camp includes:
1) Individual personalised guidance on basic concepts of wildlife & nature photography
2) Theory sessions on photography & camera operation plus image review & feedback
3) Two days One night stay in Bannerghatta National Park
4) Pick-up & Drop of participants at pre designated points to take them to Bannerghatta & bring them back
5) 1 Wildlife safari and 1 Nature walk & entry to Butterfly park to hone the camera & photography skills
6) All food during the stay (1 Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Breakfast)
7) Two week digital exhibit on ImageIn that you can share with family & friends
8) One certificate of completion for all the participants
Camera requirements for the photo camp:
Participants are expected to carry a digital SLR camera or standard digital camera with a good zoom lens to gain maximum benefit from the photo camp. We also have provision to rent DSLR cameras and lens for the photo camp at a nominal cost. Please expect an additional cost of around Rs 1,000 for renting an entry level Canon or Nikon SLR camera with a 200mm zoom lens. Please do let us know if you are interested so we can let you know the exact cost based on the equipment chosen.
Topics covered in ArtShoot 4 Bannerghatta wildlife photo camp:
This action packed workshop ensures all the explorers are engaged either learning the concepts of photography or applying the skills learnt on the field. The topics are chosen so as to equip the participants right from the word go and by the time they finish the camp they are equipped to make the best use of their existing Camera & Lens for nature & wildlife photography
1) Basics of Photography and the Exposure Triangle - Topic covered by Sriharsha Ganjam on Day 1
2) On field Camera settings & operation customised for each participant based on their camera model & make, to ensure nobody shoots in the "Auto mode" - Topic covered by Sriharsha Ganjam on Day 1
3) Composition & rule of thirds - Topic covered by Vidyun Hebbar on Day 1
4) Journey of an award winning photographer - Topic covered by Vidyun Hebbar on Day 2
5) Ethics of wildlife & Nature photography - Topic covered by Sriharsha & Vidyun on Day 2
What ArtShoot Bannerghatta does not include:
1) Any extra food, beverages or room service during the stay
2) Camera and lens rental costs if needed
What to bring apart from a Camera & a bucket load of energy:
1) Long sleeves shirt, long trousers & a cap
2) Water bottle
3) A note book
4) Mosquito repellent
5) Any personal medication
Sriharsha Ganjam has been a nature & wildlife photographer for more than a decade. Although he is now pursuing other genres of photography now, nature still remains his primary passion. Sriharsha has also photographed for the Karnataka Forest Department on multiple assignments including a recent wildlife documentary that has won much acclaim.
Vidyun R Hebbar is our guest mentor and is 2021's Young Grand Title winner of the Uber prestigious NHM Wildlife photographer of the year award. At 10 years old he has already won 3 international photography awards and loves doing Macro and Nature photography. He is coached by his equally accomplished and award winning photographer father & believes in carrying his camera everywhere since we never know where that award-winning image is going to come from.